Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Not My Fault

Yesterday I was traveling to Manchester to meet a dear friend, but due to some bridge maintenance work had to stop in Preston. The rail replacement bus service was over half an hour away, so instead of hanging around idly, I decided to visit Fishergate Shopping Centre. I didn't have any choice; if I'd hung around outside I would've frozen to death, and if I'd waited inside I, er, risked... being hit by a train.

Lo and behold, the first shop that grabbed my attention was the Book Clearance Centre, because of their bright displays. Next thing I knew I was inside the shop. I have no memory of actually going inside, so they must've been using mind control (not my fault, honestly). A moment later I'm walking out with these new books:

  • Less Than Zero - Bret Easton Ellis
  • The Picador Book of Forty: Forty Writers Inspired by a Number - Charlotte Greig (ed.)
  • Mersey Minis Volume Four: Loving - Deborah Mulhearn (ed.) [featuring Ginsberg!]
Now you know I'd never go out buying books when I'm not earning any money. That would be irresponsible. I'm telling you, they musta used witchcraft on me, or... or mind-altering substances diffused into the atmosphere in gaseous form. Maybe it was UFOs - crop circles or something. It wasn't my fault, though.

Why won't you believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just keep it clean (ish)!