Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

Not Chewing Gum

Just read David Shrigley's Red Book. I think it's appropriate to say 'read', I mean it is a collection of cartoons* essentially. It's not the first time I've been Shrigleyfied, but this is the first of his work that I've bought.

I guess there's two things you need to know about it:

  1. It deals with a lot of existential angst
  2. It is funny

There's also a kind of poetry in there, visual poetry to be specific.

It's good stuff. It encouraged me to get back to cartooning immediately, after so much thinking and not acting. I occasionally look back over my old cartoons. Many of them are cringey, like, totally cringey.

Now I fear much less.




*'Visual art', if you want to be all poncey about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just keep it clean (ish)!